Monday 18 February 2013

365 days later.....



On February 18th 2012, long before I was on the production talent pool and back when I worked for a gold buying company in shopping malls, I was in London for the day. While there I took a photo of Broadcasting House, the BBCs home of national radio. I posted that photo on Facebook with the caption "I want to work here".

Well, exactly a year later, to the day, I started working there. How's that for prophetic timing?

The last year has been epic for me. It's amazing to think this time last year, when I took that photo, I had spent four years working in jobs that had nothing to do with the industry I wanted to work in. The prospect of ever getting that elusive career had never seemed further away.

But I decided I needed to take a serious shot at it one more time and 2012 would be the year I dedicated to it.

Getting onto the PTP was that shot. If it wasn't for the PTP I would never be working today at that building I took a photo of a year ago.

Applications opened today for the next crop of PTP applicants. If you're sitting there in a dead end job wishing you had fulfilled your TV or radio dreams this is your chance. Apply today.

I have no doubt I will look back at the last year as one of the best in my life, for both career and personal reasons. As well as now working in radio drama department of the BBC I also married the woman I love and went on an amazing once in a lifetime honeymoon cruise down the west coast of south America.

It's amazing how things can change in a year if you put your mind to it. 

2 comments:

  1. Im so pleased for you. Im in exactly the same boat and applying to this years PTP. *fingers crossed* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :-) and good luck with your application

    ReplyDelete